Thursday, August 14, 2014

Fishing and Food


I admit that when Jared's fishing buddy said we were getting up at 3a.m. I was not a fan! I consider 3a.m. a late bedtime, not an early wakeup time! They decided they didn't want to scare me off completely from fishing so they kindly bumped the alarm time to 3:45a.m. Once we were on the water the sunrise was so lovely it did make me wish I was a morning person. 

I don't feel like I can say I really caught this fish after seeing all the effort and planning that went into getting it...the right fishing spot, the right time, the right bait, the right hook, the right net to get it in the boat etc (none of which I had anything to do with)... But Jared and our fishing friends were very nice and let me reel it in, which in the fishing world apparently means that I officially caught it. This is a steelhead and I had never eaten a steelhead until the night before. It's kind of like salmon, but less fishy. Delicious!


The water on the Columbia was calm until the big boats passed by and sent waves rippling through their wakes.


We had gone to Washington to tie up some loose ends from the move and had decided to make it into a fun trip so we went fishing and we also went to a farm and picked lots of blueberries and a few other things including peaches. Now our freezer is stocked with blueberries.


In our house it seems like Jared is always cooking up something delicious. All the kids love to watch Cupcake Wars so one day Jared decided we would do "Cookie Wars". We had three teams and I got the best job of all because I was the judge!


Jared is a master bread maker. One of the things I don't have a picture of is his rendition of the brown bread they have at The Cheesecake Factory. It was amazing! And these cinnamon pull aparts were divine!

 Homemade pizza, donuts and bread...



Watching the cookies bake. So sweet. 

I am starting to feel my clothes get a little tighter so it's time for me to find some activities to off-set all this delicious food! What I really need is some tennis buddies. 

I am so lucky that Jared loves to cook! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment