Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Our first family trip!

For Thanksgiving Break all 8 of us piled into our newly acquired Expedition and headed to Utah.

First stop, Logan, for my grandpa's 100th birthday party! I could write a whole post about just this, but our trip was so jam packed I am just going to blog an overview of our adventures. It was great to see grandpa so happy and to see cousins of mine that I hadn't seen in years!


The next day we had an early Thanksgiving with my side of the family at Sam and Kacie's. I don't have pics of the food because Emily took a ton and I'm sure she'll post them :-) Sam introduced us to his grape juice obsession...no that's not wine :-)



Before we left Logan we took a trip down memory lane for me and visited Island Market where after all these years the penny candy prices have doubled :-)



 Jared's kids have not been to Utah much so we wanted to stop and walk around the grounds of all the temples from Logan to Provo...we didn't get to all of them, but we did visit these 6...Logan, Brigham City, Ogden, Bountiful, Salt Lake, and Provo.


 We had to stop in Ogden to eat at Sonora Grill which everyone agreed was the best Mexican food on the planet! We also stopped by iFly to see the indoor sky diving.



Jared's kids had never been to Temple Square and my kids have, but I'm not sure how much they remembered, so we spent some time on Temple Square.



We also toured the Conference Center...


Syd and T spent two nights and a day with their dad while we were in Provo and while they were with him I did 5 photo shoots...and what I should really be doing right now is editing these!



On our way back up north we once again stopped in Ogden, this time to try Em and Steve's newest culinary creation, Thai Curry. It was amazing!! And just for good measure we got treats at Kneaders.


Then it was up to Rigby to stay with Jared's parents and celebrate Thanksgiving #2 with his side of the family in Blackfoot. Kim's pies were A.Mazing!!


The kids had fun decorating graham cracker houses on Thanksgiving and then the next day it was back to Boise! I'd say our first family trip was a huge success! 

  May your days leading up to Christmas be wonderful and not too stressful!



1 comment: